Do you talk to your kids about money?
How do you teach them to be accountable with the money you give them?
Do you give them more money when they’ve spent all their allowance?
In this week’s show, host Chiao Kee Lim speaks with entrepreneur, author, educator, speaker, licensed CPA and founder and CEO of Pay Your Family First and YOUTHpreneur, Sharon Lechter about educating our children about money.
Listen in as they talk about:
• How the concept of money has changed in the last thirty years and how that has impacted on how we view money today;
• What parents need to do about their own money habits before they teach their kids about money;
• Why the phrase “we can’t afford it” is counter productive when teaching your kids about money;
• How to teach your kids about budgeting;
• How to teach your kids about business and investments even if you don’t have the knowledge yourself;
• Learn about Sharon’s Personal Success Equation to help you thrive in the current economic climate;
• Five words you can say that teaches your kids to be entrepreneurial;
• Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to teaching your kids about money.
Go HERE to listen to the show.
Have questions or comments? Contact host Chiao Kee Lim via the Contact Us form on this page or Sharon Lechter using the following link.
About The Guest
A life-long education advocate, Sharon Lechter is the founder and CEO of Pay Your Family First, a financial education organization, and YOUTHpreneur, an innovative new way to spark the entrepreneurial spirit in our children.
Sharon is an entrepreneur, author, philanthropist, educator, international speaker, licensed CPA, Chartered Global Management Accountant and, most importantly a mother and grandmother. She has been a pioneer in developing new technologies, programs and products to bring education into children’s lives in ways that are innovative, challenging and fun, and remains committed to education – particularly financial literacy.
In 1997 Sharon co-authored the international bestseller Rich Dad Poor Dad, along with 14 other books in the Rich Dad series. Over 10 years as CEO she led the Rich Dad Company and brand into an international powerhouse. In 2008 she was asked by the Napoleon Hill Foundation to help re-energize the powerful teachings of Napoleon Hill just as the international economy was faltering. Her bestselling books, Think and Grow Rich-Three Feet from Gold and Outwitting the Devil were both written in cooperation with the Napoleon Hill Foundation. Sharon’s most recent book project is Save Wisely, Spend Happily, in cooperation with the American Institute of CPAs.
Her financial literacy board game THRIVE TIME for Teens, an innovative experiential and fun life and money reality game, has gained recognition with coveted awards including the GOLD Mom’s Choice Award, Creative Child Magazine’s 2010 Game of The Year, Dr. Toy’s Best Vacation Product and a five-star rating from WTS Toy Reviews. Sharon is recognized globally as an expert on the topics of financial education for children and entrepreneurship.
For more information, please visit www.sharonlechter.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments